Blogger templates

Friday, April 22, 2011

What's In My Purse?

I got home from school today and was taking out all of my notebooks when I realized, 'I have a lot of things stuffed into this purse!' I've always enjoying watching 'What's In My Purse?' videos on YouTube (Is that weird?) and thought I would change up the idea and do a 'What's In My Purse?' blog post. Hey, maybe some of you of have the same weird fascination that I do when it comes to other girls' purses?..

I'll start off by mentioning that yes, I did take these pictures outside. My room's fluorescent lights were just not doing my bag justice, so I quickly scooted outside and snagged the last bit of natural light before the sun set. Alright! So first, my purse. I found it at Ross maybe.. two years ago? It's a Kathy Van Zeeland hobo-style bag (above) in an amazing metallic purple color. I have a not-so-secret obsession with Betsey Johnson handbags, but no matter what time of the year I always find myself coming back to this purse. It's nice and big to hold all of my loot, and has a zippered divider in the middle to create two sections for me to organize my stuff. I can also stick all four of my school notebooks inside nicely along with an extra calculator and some scantrons if I'm running off to take a test.

I got the Hello Kitty keychain (right) at my campus bookstore one day when I was running in for some snacks. I held it up to my purse and could not believe that it matched perfectly! Being an extreme hello Kitty fan (perhaps a Hello Kitty collection blog post?), I immediately knew I had to have it.

I also have a Hello Kitty planner, along with a Wonder Woman notebook, and a simple red journal  (all below, left) I use as a food diary. I tend to be a little obsessive-compulsive when it comes to planning, and love to write lists (it keeps me in line and my stress level down!). The Hello Kitty planner has an overview of every month, and then a page dedicated for each week. I use this notebook primarily to write down important dates and events, such as tests, project due dates, or a party or movie date with the boyfriend. The Wonder Woman notebook just has lined pages, so I use this one for my lists. To Do lists, packing lists, workout routines, grocery lists - you name it and it's in there! Finally, my red journal is where I write down what I eat for the day. I'm usually not this strict, but part of my project for my Food Science class requires us to keep track of what we eat for a two-week period.
Next up is my mini makeup bag. It's a Hard Candy makeup bag (above, right) that I got at Walmart a few months ago. It's just the right size for all my essentials I like to keep with me on the go. In the picture you'll see I have Aquaphor, oil blotting sheets, tweezers, a well-loved Mac eye pencil in Ebony, manicure scissors, a Revlon matte lipstick in Pink Pout, a Rimmel Moisture Renew lipstick in Summer Angel, MAC's Studio Fix in NW20 (my all-time must-have beauty product!), and my mini kabuki brush from Bare Minerals. I use these to touch up throughout the day when I'm running around on campus!
I find that my sunglasses are always getting scratched in my bag, so one day when I was cleaning out my room I found this oh-so-lovely cow print sunglasses case in my closet. While it's not the most stylish, it's big and keep my frames safe. I have about three pairs of sunglasses I like to wear regularly, and the one's that happened to be in my bag today are my new cheetah print sunglasses (above, left) from Forever 21. In the center, zippered section of my bag I keep a few random items (all above, right). I got that studded bracelet on sale at Nordstrom, and keep it in my bag to wear if I rushed out the door and forgot a little bling. The pink, cheetah print sunglasses bag is what I keep my pens and pencils in for school (and my lists, of course!). Finally, I have a simple cloth coin purse for loose change.
Who could forget their cell phone? My iPhone is stuck to me 24/7. Since I don't see my boyfriend during the week while I'm away at school, it's our lifeline! I also try to have a water bottle handy at all times (both above, left). Along with everything else I already have packed in my purse, I always find a handful of miscellaneous items lying around randomly at the bottom. In this picture (above, right), I have a mini hairbrush, a couple elastic hairbands, my iPod Shuffle for the gym, Rosebud Perfume Co. Strawberry Lip Balm, an Essie nail polish in Big Spender, a Revlon ColorBurst Lipgloss in Hot Pink, Pacifica's Indian Coconut Nectar Body Butter, Sally Hansen's Color Quick Fast Dry Nail Color Pen in White, Bath and Body Works's Pocketbac Sanitizing Hand Gel in Apple, and a black, rubber Ninja.

Last but not least, and the most important, is my wallet (left)! I got this wallet from Ross as well, and it's by the brand XOXO. I also carry around some headphones and my trusty Swiss Army knife. You never know when you'll need it - and it really does come in handy often! I also have my keyring which includes my car keys and clicker, and keys to my mailbox, apartment, both of my parent's houses, my gym card, and a membership card to GNC. I hold it all on a lanyard, so it's easy to pull out of my bag or wear around my neck.

Well, hopefully I haven't bored you to death yet with what's in my purse! I'm sure I rambled on long enough and provided a little too much detail for the average stranger to care about. But those things aside, enjoy taking a peek inside my bag! Feel free to leave a comment saying what you carry around in your purse!
*Note: I am not affiliated with nor being compensated by any of the companies mentioned. All opinions are my own.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More