Blogger templates

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

October 2011 Birchbox

For October's box, Birchbox has designed products to help you prep and polish your skin, body and hair. They say, "Get your pout ready for fall's statement lip colors with an all-natural lip serum. Perfect your complexion with a smoothing makeup primer. There's also a skin-clearing face wash, a gorgeous hair serum, and a chi-chi fabric wash that will ensure that your tees are in perfect shape." These products will help you become beautiful from start to finish.

My Birchbox seemed to come a few days earlier this month, so I was pleasantly surprised to see it sitting in my mailbox yesterday. So, let's get into it!

In my October box, I received:
  • AHAVA Rich Cleansing Cream
  • Befine Lip Serum
  • Laura Geller Spackle Tinted Under Makeup Primer in Bronze
  • Orofluido Beauty Elixir
  • The Laundress Delicate Wash
At first glance, I was pleased with my samples and am excited to to try all of them out. My September box last month wasn't my favorite (not many products I would actually use), so I am glad to have new products to try that are definitely things I already use in my daily beauty routine. Here are my first impressions:

Orofluido Beauty Elixir (above left),
This serum relies on a triple-threat of standout oils: argan oil strengthens strands; linseed oil smoothes cuticles to leave hair shiny; and cyperus oil fortifies and boosts manageability.
This serum smells great (vanilla and amber scents)! It comes in a cute little vial with a pretty label that already makes you feel luxurious just holding it. I haven't tried it yet, but will definitely be using it after a shower later today as I will try almost anything to manage my dry and frizzy hair!

AHAVA Rich Cleansing Cream (above right),
The mineral-rich formula nixes daily grime and makeup, and it also helps to balance out skin. Plus, it makes your face feel hydrated and supple after washing, not tight and dry.
This cleanser does take off most of my makeup and makes my skin feel soft afterwards. Unfortunately I am not one to spend a lot on cleansers, so with a regular size retailing for $30, I probably won't be purchasing this again.

Laura Geller Spackle Tined Under Makeup Primer in Bronze (above left),
Laura Geller's best-sellingSpackle formula is made with natural plant extracts and antioxidants like white tea, centella asiatica, and aloevera that protect skin as they moisturize. Built-in silicones give you a seamless foundation for makeup, while the sheer bronze tint adds a subtle hint of color.
This primer is darker than my very pale skin tone, but when blended in, only gives off a subtle sheen on my skin. I will most likely use this on my cheeks and everywhere else I just want a natural glow.

Befine Lip Serum (above right),
This lip serum has plant-based amino acids and peptides to boost collagen and firm skin, plus soothing chamomile oil and moisturizing safflower seed oil.
My lips always seem to be chapped and dry, so I am always looking for a moisturizing balm or serum to keep them looking and feeling good. This serum works very well and lasts a while on my lips. The regular-sized lip serum retails for $25 and also comes with an exfoliator, but I use this with my SoftLips Lip Polish instead.

The Laundress Delicate Wash (left),
This specialty wash has a secret weapon: it uses enzymes to gently remove perspiration, body oils, and stains. Use for anything in your wardrobe that counts as delicate, but especially for hosiery, lingerie, and silk or silk blend separates.
This laundry detergent comes in a cute packet and promises to gently clean your hand-washed delicates. I've been meaning to wash my delicate clothes anyways, so I'm going to have to give this a try in the next few days and see if I notice a difference.

Overall, I am very excited about this month's samples and happy to say all of the items I received will be put to good use. Once again, Birchbox has sent me a nice variety of beauty products that are right up my alley. If you are subscribed to Birchbox, what did you receive in yours? Let me know in the comments below!

Don't forget to check out my previous Birchbox blog posts:
*Note: I am not affiliated with nor being compensated by Birchbox for this review. All opinions are my own.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More