Blogger templates

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

May 2011 Birchbox

It's that time again! My May Birchbox arrived over the weekend and I happily scooped it up out of my mailbox as soon as I got home. I have never been a patient person, so after sneaking a peek at other members' Birchboxes through their own blog posts while I waited for mine, I had an idea of what would be coming my way.

If you're unfamiliar with the Birchbox program, I have described what Birchbox is all about and how it works more in depth in my previous monthly post, here.

This month, Birchbox is celebrating our mother's, and everything they have taught us over the years. The samples included are classy, elegant, and will never go out of style. Along with these hand-picked samples Birchbox has also included extra content on their website, such as an interview with YouTube Beauty Guru MissGlamorazzi, a feature on blogger Judy Aldrige, and a list of beauty techniques that will never fail. So, without further ado, let's check out my May Birchbox!

In my box, I received:
  • Stila Eyeshadow in Starlight
  • Bulgari Mon Jasmin Noir
  • Archipelago Pomegranate Soap
  • Ahava Mineral Hand Cream
  • Tiny Prints Card
I noticied some members received a Jouer lip product in their box instead of a Stila eyeshadow, but was pleasantly surprised to find I had received a Stila product! I haven't tried all of the samples out yet, but will give a first impression of each product just like I did for last month's box.

 
The Stila Eyeshadow in Starlight (above),
these finely pressed shadows come in a rainbow of hues, from subtle neutrals to pop-tastic brights. They blend easily, and last all day without fading - what more could you want? Go ahead, start experimenting!
Starlight is a beautiful light neutral shade with slight shimmer that is great for an all-over lid color and possibly a subtle highlight as well. I have only swatched this color and have not yet applied it on my eyes (too much studying and not enough time to do my makeup!). I would have loved to have gotten a brighter color in my box, but know I will use this shade constantly.

The Ahava Mineral Hand Creme (above left),
made with pure Dead Sea minerals, this smooth, quick-absorbing body lotion deeply hydrates dry skin and rough fingers. It is designed to create the optimal balance in your skin. It helps to draw the moisture from the lower levels of skin to the surface to keep hands soft and healthy. Witch hazel helps and allantoin repairs cracked skin.
This hand creme smells refreshing and clean. I've used this a couple times and while my skin is notorious for being dry, this creme seemed to keep it silky and soft for a long time. The sample is a pretty decent size and quality, but since the full size is $20, I'll probably change to another less expensive hand creme when this one is all gone.

The Archipelago Pomegranate Soap (above right),
triple milled soap is blended with pomegranate, white tea, cranberry, and chamomile extracts. Rich in natural antioxidants and Phase II Enzyme boosters.
This soap smells ah-mazing! When I opened my Birchbox for the first time, I instantly smelled this wonderful blend of pomegranate. I can definitely say that this scent is long lasting too, and I have been washing my hands with it all the time just to be able to smell the scent lingering on my hands later. Pomegranate has been a long loved flavor of mine, and is now rapidly becoming one of my top scents as well.

Bulgari Mon Jasmin Noir (above left),
the heart of this fragrance, sambac jasmine, is known as an aphrodisiac because of its rich, musky scent. Top notes of lily of the valley lean toward a delicate femininity, but the nougatine and wood base anchor the fragrance and develop a subtle addictive personality.
This perfume does smell very elegant and musky, but since the full-size bottle has a high price tag of $80, I won't be purchasing this anytime soon. Plus, the LIV GRN Earth Eau de Parfum I received in my April Birchbox has stolen my heart! I've almost saved up enough rewards points to save $10 when I purchase the bottle.

Birchbox always includes a small 'extra' in each monthly box, and this time they've included a Tiny Prints Card (above right). Birchbox mentioned that this card would be perfect to use for Mother's Day, but since I didn't receive my box in the mail until almost a week later, I'll have to save this for the next special occasion.

Overall, I am very excited about this month's samples and happy to say all of the items I received will be put to good use. Once again, Birchbox has sent me a nice variety of beauty products that are right up my alley. If you are subscribed to Birchbox, what did you receive in yours? Let me know in the comments below!

Don't forget to check out my previous Birchbox blog posts:
*Note: I am not affiliated with nor being compensated by Birchbox for this review. All opinions are my own.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More