Blogger templates

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Top Ten Thursdays: Lipstick

I have decided to start a fun series of ongoing blog posts, called "Top Ten Thursdays". Every so often on Thursdays, I will post a new category of my top ten favorites. I'll post different kinds of makeup, articles of clothing, books, workout exercises, you name it! I'm also encouraging you to post your top ten favorites in the comments below along with giving me new categories to post my top ten favorites for so I can keep this series going!

Today, I have my Top Ten Favorite Lipsticks. I have been obsessed with lipsticks for a long time and am always looking for new and interesting shades to add to my collection. When it comes to color, I am not afraid! I love to wear hot pinks and bright corals during the day to spice up my look, and have been on the search for a lilac-y sort of purple as well.

I have photos and swatches of my top ten (in no particular order), and am going to list them and give a short description of each, but will not be doing in depth reviews of the products. If you're interested in a review, let me know! I'd be more than happy to do features later on of popular lipsticks. So, without further ado, let's get on with it!
(From left to right: MAC Creme Cup, Covergirl Pick-Me-Up Pink, Rimmel Vintage Pink, MAC Viva Glam Gaga I, MAC Vegas Volt)
  1. MAC Creme Cup is described as a 'light blue pink'. This is a more cool-toned lipstick and is perfect for everyday wear.
  2. Covergirl Pick-Me-Up Pink is a beautiful fuchsia pink with a slight shimmer that comes off with more of a purple tint on your lips. I love wearing this one with minimal eye makeup, but unfortunately it's been discontinued. I recommend Covergirl's Coquette as a similar dupe.
  3. Rimmel Vintage Pink is a medium pink-lavender shade with no shimmer.
  4. MAC Viva Glam Gaga I is described as a 'slightly cool-toned bubblegum pink'. I love wearing this shade with a slightly darker hot pink lipgloss on top.
  5. MAC Vegas Volt is described as a 'full power coral'. They were definitely right by full power! This is an amplified lipstick so it is very opaque on my lips. Oranges compliment my light skin tone and blue eyes well, and this will be a great shade for summer.
(From left to right: MAC Cremecup, Covergirl Pick-Me-Up Pink, Rimmel Vintage Pink, MAC Viva Glam Gaga I, MAC Vegas Volt)

(From left to right: NYX Sunflower, Rimmel Summer Angel, Revlon Pink Pout, ELF Classy, MAC Bubblegum)
  1. NYX Sunflower is a frosted coral red. I originally thought this lipstick would be more sheer, but it definitely goes on my lips very opaque. I love the hint of orange-y coral in the red.
  2. Rimmel Summer Angel is a nude pink with warm undertones and gold shimmer. I love this shade when I'm either going for a 'bronze' look or have bright eye makeup on and need a neutral lip.
  3. Revlon Pink Pout is a light matte pink. This is another everyday lipstick and great for those less daring or just not in the mood for a lot of shimmer that day.
  4. ELF Classy is a soft pink and the closest dupe to MAC's Angel that I have found yet. I love this lipstick, especially since it was only $1!
  5. MAC Bubblegum is described as a 'medium pink with a lilac tone and gold shimmer'. This is one of the most unique colors in my collection so far, but unfortunately it was a limited edition shade.
(From left to right: NYX Sunflower, Rimmel Summer Angel, Revlon Pink Pout, ELF Classy, MAC Bubblegum)

Well there you have it! Currently, these are my top ten lipsticks, and I'm sure in another couple of months I'll have new favorites. Have you tried any of these lipsticks out? What are your top ten favorites? Let me know in the comments below!

*Note: First image courtesy of Google. I am not affiliated with nor being compensated by any of the companies mentioned. All opinions are my own.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More